This guide is for setting up attachments using a Windows shared folder. For a guide to how to do this with our laserfiche integration please view the laserfiche guide
To share a folder or a drive by using the Windows interface
Open Computer Management.
If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Yes.
In the console tree, click System Tools, click Shared Folders, and then click Shares.
On the Action menu, click New Share.
Follow the steps in the Create a Shared Folder Wizard, and then click Finish.
Once this is set up it is time to set it up to work with BluePrince
- Login to BlueConfig
- Click on Jurisdiction Information then Configure selected
- Click on the Variables tab
- Here type in the relative path for Shared folder next to the field labeled "Shared Directory" or click browse and browse to the shared path.
- This only has to be set up once but you will need to make sure that the shared directory is accessible on each user machine.
Sometimes depending on where BluePrince is installed or the User permissions you will need to do the following things if you get an error saying it cannot access the attachments folder:
- Set the permissions on the Blueprince folder to full access to the users
- On the Blueprince program properties:
- run in XP compatibility mode
- b. run as administrator